Thanks for buying an Original Equal-i-zer Sway Control Hitch and supporting our family-owned company. We want you to be safe and comfortable on the road; that’s why for over 70 years we have been making Equal-i-zer, the hitch that provides the best protection for your journey, right here in Utah, USA.
This page is dedicated to providing you quick and easy access to information you need to get the highest level of safety and worry-free travel from your new hitch. We also hope it will educate you on how to effectively maintain your hitch. Below, and in the drop down menu on the left, you will find quick links to help you get started with making the best use of your new Equal-i-zer hitch.
- Warranty Registration: Register your hitch so you can enjoy the full benefits of our limited lifetime warranty.
- Hooking up and unhooking your Equal-i-zer hitch: A quick overview of how to easily and safely hook up and unhook your hitch.
- What to do before your first trip: You probably had your hitch set up by the dealer. Now that your trailer is loaded, you should double check to make sure the hitch is adjusted for a loaded trailer.
- What to do after you tow 150 miles: Now that your hitch has bounced down the highway with all that trailer weight pushing and pulling on it, there a few things you should check to make sure they are still tight and adjusted for your trailer and load.
- How to quickly make sure your hitch is set up correctly: This should be done each time you tow. You can expect a lot from your Equal-i-zer hitch. Learn how to help it perform its best, by making sure it is set up correctly for your towing vehicle and trailer.
- Taking care of your hitch (maintenance): You ask a lot from your hitch, so show it a little TLC to help protect your investment for many years to come.
- Adjusting your hitch: This includes such things as a simple method to adjust your hitch, more in-depth hitch adjustments, and links to the full instructions for setting up or installation of your Equal-i-zer hitch from scratch.
Proper trailer loading (measuring TW and GTW)
- General towing tips for safety
- Trouble shooting guide
- Learn more about your hitch: If you want more in-depth information about your new hitch, visit our full Equal-i-zer website.
To stay in touch with us, win free towing gear, and get helpful information on how to stay safe when towing, please join us on Facebook and YouTube.
If you are happy with your Equal-i-zer hitch purchase, please leave us a five-star review on your Facebook.
If you have questions or concerns and don't find the information you need on this site, please visit your local RV dealer where you purchased your hitch, give us a call at 800-478-5578, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Utah-based customer service team loves to help people have a safe and relaxing towing experience and is available M-F 8:00-5:00 MT.
Now that you have the safest, best performing hitch on the market, you need towing products that complement your Equal-i-zer hitch for the safest, most comfortable tow. Fastway Trailer Products provide faster, easier, and safer hitching, unhitching and trailer setup. Visit our Fastway store, so you can you get on the road quicker and start make memories sooner, while enjoying comfortable, safer tow.